I'm a children's author, wife and mum in no particular order. I perform these jobs simultaneously and I love them all!

Saturday 2 April 2016

The Newcastle Writers Festival Kids Program - Day 4 - Primary School Groups

Here we are at day four of the Newcastle Writers Festival Kids Program.

We planned for the day to be a little slower so we could prepare for the magnificent Saturday Family Fun Day which is only one sleep away.

Steven Herrick dazzled students in the Civic Theatre Playhouse today with his 'Poetry to the Rescue' performances. What a treat for the children who came to see and hear him. I love how Steven makes poetry fun and enjoyable for everyone.


Serena Geddes just couldn't leave our festival without treating one lucky group of children to a workshop about how to paint cartoon cells. Serena shared her days illustrating for Disney in a way that had her group mesmerised.



The main program for the Newcastle Writers Festival also started today - you know, the one for the big people! I attended the Opening Night Event tonight at the Civic Theatre featuring Tim Flannery in conversation with John Doyle. Mesmerising! I enjoyed being an audience member this time too. I had trouble keeping my eyes open as I was exhausted but I wouldn't have had it any other way!

Short post this time. But the next one will be a 'bumper issue'. Stage shows, book launches, animal worlds, petting zoos, dancing, singing, illustration battles, face painting, and story time galore. Until then ...

No comments:

Post a Comment