I'm a children's author, wife and mum in no particular order. I perform these jobs simultaneously and I love them all!

Wednesday 1 July 2015

Jess Black’s Book Launch – Book 1: ‘Eve and the Runaway Unicorn’ in her new series titled, ‘Keeper of the Crystals’


Friends, family, princesses, ninjas and unicorns came to celebrate the launch of Jess Black’s new book, ‘Eve and the Runaway Unicorn’, which is the first book in her new series ‘Keeper of the Crystals’ at Newcastle Library this morning. The Lovett Gallery was full and the buzz in the room was infectious.



Jess’s new series, Keeper of the Crystals, published by New Frontier, is an adventure fantasy series full of secrets and mystery. Eve and Oscar, two unlikely friends, accidentally tap into the power of crystals. They are thrust into different and dangerous worlds where unicorns, tigers, dragons and panthers communicate with people and where native communities and their way of life are under threat.


It was an honour to be asked to introduce Jess. I was nervous about my important role and I didn’t want to make any mistakes. It was a busy time for our little family leading up to the launch and I felt a little underprepared. But the teacher in me rescued me at just the right moment and I found myself at home once I started speaking.


Jess spoke beautifully of her life as a writer and shared with us some of Eve and Oscars’ adventures during a live reading. Jess looked stunning dressed up as an emerald princess.


 
Afterwards, guests were treated to home bakes goodies, unicorn biscuits, signings, face painting and craft activities. I walked in with a princess and walked out with a unicorn crossed with a zebra!


 
 
 
I was fortunate to read a copy of ‘Eve and the Runaway Unicorn’ before it was released on 1st July and I fell in love with the two main characters and Jess’ writing style. I highly recommend this book for children who are ready to explore chapter books or independent readers 7-9yrs. I’m about to pounce into book 2, ‘Eve and the Fiery Phoenix’ due out 1st August. Launch participants were lucky enough to get their hands on an early copy.



Congratulations Jess! What a wonderful new series. I look forward to going on more amazing adventures with Eve and Oscar.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment